My advice – take the intraday 30 minute smart money trade – Apple (AAPL) Put Option
Okay, today was a roller-coaster ride trading Apple (AAPL). At around 11am I saw it down -5 and everything in me said trade it. By the time I got in at 11:30 it was already down -8.5 going in the direction I wanted. I purchased Feb 475 Puts in-the-money at $7.60. In less than 10 minutes I was up +$700 at $9.40. So this is the point where if I was highly intelligent and disciplined I would have took the $700 smart money off the table IMMEDIATELY. I don’t even earn this in a week, actually I don’t even earn this period because I’m currently unemployed. I was watching the charts and within 5 minutes the trade was already going against me and I was in a negative position. All the big charts scream SELL on Apple and were forming bearish looking technicals. I almost sold around 12:30pm for almost -$1000 loss! Yes, you heard that right up $700 then down $1000 probably in no less than an hour. So, I felt it would be my job today to sit and stare at my computer screen all day and only get out if it went above the major downtrend. Well it never did. It was just light afternoon trading going up. As soon as the real traders got back from their lunches AAPL immediately started to trade down again. I’m glad I at least had the patience to wait it out but I’ve waited trades out before and lost thousands of dollars so I prefer not to.
Guess what? Although Apple traded -12 points down for the close I decided to be patience and stay in the trade. From the research I looked at from the big trend and every time there is a big red candle at the top of the 3-5-20 day close a second down day should*** follow. Now what I didn’t take into effect was the Presidents State of the Union Address tonight. SHIT. But it seems historically the market pulls-back after it for Obama so that would be in my best interest. I’ll be watching AAPL closely likely to jump and then fall and sell out once it seems to hit some residence. It hit a new low today and under $468 which is why I stayed in it. I’m up +$760. If it continues to fall tomorrow and the entire market doesn’t rise up a lot then I should be up +$2000 or sell immediately if I’ve got the guts to.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on February 12, 2013 by Paul Awol. It was filed under aapl, put options, stock options, trading stock options and was tagged with put options on aapl in feb 2013, shorting apple.